Resources and Forms
- Building permit application (pdf): Must be completed and submitted to acquire a building permit.
- Fees (pdf): The fee schedule helps you calculate the costs associated with obtaining a permit.
- Permit submittal checklist (pdf): A list of required documents due at the time of your submittal for a building permit.
- Technical permit application (pdf): This application is required when applying for any technical permits, including mechanical, plumbing, fireplace, electrical, temporary power and photovoltaic permits.
- Building Inspection Department Matrix (pdf): The matrix lists external agencies, such as water and fire districts, involved in the building permit process. It also includes fire hazard mitigation requirements, frost depth, wind speed and snow load requirements.
- Work Without a Permit Complaint Form (pdf): If you suspect someone of conducting work without the required permit(s), complete the complaint form and submit to the Building Department.
- Sustainable Code Checklist (pdf): Every new residential development and residential addition in the unincorporated areas of Summit County must comply with the Sustainable Building Code.
- Voluntary Housing Allowance Restrictive Covenant Form (pdf) and Voluntary Housing Allowance Restrictive Covenant Routing Form (pdf): Affordable Housing Development Impact Fees (pdf): are assessed on new construction and additions, as applicable. Property developers and owners have the option of avoiding the impact fee at the time of building permit issuance by voluntarily imposing a private transfer fee upon subsequent sale of the property.