Recording of Public Documents

The Summit County Clerk & Recorder's Office records a variety of documents, including marriage license certifications, plats, maps and surveys.

Submitting Documents for Recording 

Please read the guidelines below for submitting a document for recording:
  • Documents may be eRecorded (submitted electronically) through our vendor "simplifile." Contact simplifile at 800-460-5657 or online at
  • Documents may be mailed or brought to our Summit County office:
    • P O Box 1538
      Breckenridge, Colorado 80424 (regular mail)
    • 208 East Lincoln
      Breckenridge, Colorado 80424 (Fedex or UPS)
  • Documents submitted for recording must have a top margin of at least one inch.
  • Please include a complete return address envelope for return mailing.
  • Our office does not provide forms. You may purchase them at an office supply store. We do not offer advice on how to complete any form or document you want to record. Please seek an attorney or title company.
  • Our documents are not online at this time. We have public computers available for viewing documents. 
  • Our hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (call ahead for holiday schedules)

Property Transfer Taxes

Please note that the towns of Breckenridge (970-453-2251) and Frisco (970-668-5276) collect transfer taxes on property sold within their town boundaries. Please contact them directly for more information.

Recording Fees

  • First written page per document - $13
    • Each additional page - $ 5
  • Affidavit of Labor first page - $ 6 (Plus $0.25 per claim)
    • Each Additional Page - $5
  • Location Certificate – first page - $6
    • (Plus .25 per claim)
  • UCC Filings 1 to 2 Pages - $11
    • Three or more pages - $16
  • Plats/maps/surveys - $11
    • Each additional page - $10

Documentary fee: Collected on deeds that transfer real estate, in addition to recording fees, $0.10 per $1,000.00 of consideration. This fee applies for purchase price of $500.00 or more. 

Obtaining Copies of Documents 

To obtain copies of a document, you will need to have the reception number that is assigned to that document. 
You may call or email our office with the reception number to obtain copies: 

Our office does not preform property records searches. If you do not have the reception number you may come into our office to utilize our public computers. If you are unable to come into our office you may contact a property search company. For a list of local property search companies please call or email the recording office: 
  • Plat Copy –Per Page - $ 5
  • Recorded Document – Per Page - $1.25
  • Certification –Per Document - $ 1
  • Marriage License Certification and copy - $ 3
  • Marriage License Application Copy and Certification - $1.50

We accept cash, checks, debit or credit cards. Please note that there is an administration fee charged for credit card transactions.